Connect with YOUR COMMUNITY
The public library is the heart of any community. A friendly and safe place where everyone can come together.
The public libraries hold a special place in almost everyone’s memory—whether from childhood or as an adult. We need your help as each year, funding becomes increasingly difficult. Please help support our libraries today. Please check out how you can help below and get involved.
Share your story
We would love to hear from you. Tell us why you love your local library.SHARE
Help spread the word
- Tag yourself at the library, create a library hashtag or share photos of yourself at the library reading or at special library events.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper stating how you enjoy the library and what specifically you enjoy about the library
- Blog about your library experience
- Join our library support group, Friends of the Library
- Volunteer at your local library—Please contact the library nearest you to learn more.
Click, write or email VIPs
Send a letter, email, or make a call to community VIPs to encourage them to support the libraries. Tell them why the library is important to you and the community.
- Local government officials such as the mayor, county commissioners, city council members
- State government officials such as the governor, state representatives, state senators
- Business leaders
- Chamber of Commerce
- Community leaders
WRITE YOUR LEGISLATOR
Download a list of your local Legislators and Government Officials and their contact information.
Download Library Service Areas map and information.