Connect with TECHNOLOGY
All you need is a library card to use the computers at your local library for research, doing homework or surfing the Internet.
Did you know?
- Last year 1,926,166 visitors used libraries in Lancaster County.
- Currently, over 224,402 Lancaster County residents have library cards. That is over 43% of Lancaster County residents.
- Our Public Libraries circulate over 4 million items per year.
- Nearly 200,000 wireless connections are made at our public libraries each year.
- The Bookmobile makes regular stops at 50 locations in Lancaster County offering thousands of books, DVDs and audio books, plus it has a wheelchair lift. Check out the Bookmobile schedule.
- Libraries offer much more than books! You may be surprised by the Overview of Services available at your library.
- For reference help, you can ask questions of a librarian 24/7 via Ask Here PA
- Free live homework help is available via the online resources section of the library’s website. Some libraries also offer homework help in the library.
More interesting facts about America’s public libraries…
- There are more public libraries than McDonald’s in the U.S. — a total of 16,766 including branches!
- Americans spend nearly three times as much on candy as they do on public libraries.
- Americans check out more than eight books a year, on the average. They spend $35.81 a year for the public library — about the average cost of one hardcover book.
- Almost 89% of public library outlets now offer wireless Internet access.
- More than 92% of public libraries provide services for job seekers.
Source: 2012 Quotable Facts About American’s Libraries